Infrastructure Market Leaders
Safety. Integrity. Solutions. These three words sum up who are and the work we do for our clients every day. Each of our employees plays an essential role in ensuring that the power their customers need is up and running when and how they need it.
Whether it’s building a new greenfield substation in the middle of the desert, upgrading a transmission line to support load growth in the community, or connecting solar and battery storage to the grid, our people use their operational experience to deliver success for our clients.
At Power Contracting, employees have the opportunity to grow and advance in a variety of disciplines. We continuously recruit estimators, safety professionals, project managers, linemen, and foremen so we can meet the West’s growing power demands and help our clients exceed expectations.
If you’d like to be part of an organization that values your unique experiences and abilities, please explore our below career opportunities.
A Project Manager at Power Contracting is responsible for overall project planning and scheduling, resource allocation, project accounting, and control while providing technical direction and ensuring compliance with quality standards. The Project Manager’s duties encompass a broad spectrum, covering all areas of project management – Project Planning, Cost Management, Schedule Management, Scope Management, Quality Management, Contract Administration, and Safety Management. The Project Manager must have the ability to manage projects with multiple disciplines – including civil, electrical, and building construction.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Charting out the project objectives and plans, setting performance requirements, and selecting project participants.
- Bringing about optimum utilization of resources–labor, materials, and equipment–and ensuring their procurement at most cost-effective terms.
- Implementation of various operations through proper coordination.
- Development of effective communications and mechanisms for resolving conflicts among the various participants.
- Oversee the construction project from start to finish.
- Perform a key role in project planning, budgeting, and identification of resources needed.
- Accept the roles and responsibilities to provide for a safe workplace.
- Create the teams, develop the objectives/goals of each, and assign individual responsibilities.
- Project accounting functions including managing the budget, tracking if team expenses, and minimizing exposure and risk in the project
- Ensure that construction activities move according to a predetermined schedule.
- Devise the project work plans and make revisions as and when the need arises.
- Communicate effectively with the contractors responsible for completing various phases of the project.
- Coordinate the efforts of all parties involved in the project, which include the engineers, consultants, contractors, sub-contractors and laborers.
- Monitor the progress of the construction activities on a regular basis and hold regular status meetings with all the sub-teams.
- Maintain strict adherence to the budgetary guidelines, quality and safety standards.
- Periodic inspection of construction sites.
- Ensure project documents are complete.
- Identify the elements of project design and construction likely to give rise to disputes and claims.
- Serve as a key link with the clients and review the deliverable prepared by the team before passing it onto the client.
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to provide and manage a Safe Work Environment for all employees and the public.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to create and maintain CPM schedules in Microsoft Project.
- Advanced level skills in Microsoft Office Applications.
- Thorough knowledge of legal issues and safety standards is essential.
- Ability to plan and organize a team effort.
- Good client management and goodwill-building ability.
- Capacity to motivate, lead and maintain the morale of the teams.
- Effective time management and logical decision-making ability.
- Capacity to handle pressure.
- Willingness to travel to remote construction sites.
- Strong focus on quality.
Qualifications / Education:
A four-year bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline or construction management is preferred. Minimum 4 years of experience in construction projects and 2 years of experience in a Project Manager role.
Please direct all inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Power Contracting is an Equal Opportunity Employer
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.